Friday, September 21, 2007

Untitled

I don't have any new pictures to put on as we seem to always forget our camera when we're out and about. Sorry about that.

We've been having a great fall. Ana is well on her way to enjoying kindergarten! I spent the morning there yesterday with Zac. He kept wanting to leave but Ana loved it that I was there. She was nervous this week about not being able to write her numbers or letters very well but her teacher hopefully reassured her that school is for learning, not for already knowing everything!

Today is the first of many Pro D days. The neighbour kids are dancing to a kids worship dvd and generally creating mayhem in the house but I'd rather them here then watching Bratz over at someone else's! It'll be outside time when the level of screams gets to high for me to handle.

Last night we hosted a great woman from Williams Lake. She is speaking on TREK and is such an amazing woman who listens to God a lot. I love her tons. We had a great time this morning sharing and praying together. This is the kind of stuff that is too far and few between in my life. There is something about talking about Jesus with others who love him. It brings you closer, even for just a while, to the heart of God and you remember again how much he loves you. Remember it in your heart - not just your mind. Thanks Esther!

Some of you know that I enjoy writing. I've been practicing at writing a novel in my spare time and have been trying to spend at least a bit of time every day at the computer pounding out scenes. It may seem futile but I find that it gives my mind some much needed stimulation.

So here is something that I wrote a while back about autumn. It's just a paragraph but thought I'd take the plunge on posting it.

Heidi

There was a chill on the breeze as summer waned and autumn rose in majesty around us. I lifted my chin slightly enjoying the feel of the wind as it played across my skin. It was not quite dusk and the birds were still aloft, singing, as the evening sun filtered through the trees, a play of orange beams adorning the path before me. The air was ripe with the smell of fresh cut grain and sun and the maples at the edge of the forest were wild with colour, bright orange and fiery red. I always felt that the beauty of autumn was natures way of celebrating the end of harvest, a congratulation on completion of the years most exhausting toil.

2 comments:

  1. HI Heidi :) Mom told me she found your blog. I love it that you love to write. I didn't know that. I love writing too. I too have a novel sitting inside me and about 1 page down on my computer. I can't wait to actually have the time to complete it. Good for you for taking the time everyday to do that. I'm hoping that once I move and settle in I'll have a little bit more time to do that. :)I look forward to keeping up on your blog. Its hard with all the distance to feel close to family, but you are terribly important. This helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fall and that paragraph captured it beautifully, I think that the sights and smells of these months are what I really enjoy. Thanks for taking me there.

    ReplyDelete