Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy New Year

So I haven't blogged in a long time. I never said I'd be consistent! I meant to post some of our Christmas pictures a couple weeks ago but I guess it's better late than never! I tried to upload a video but it was taking hours (like 6) so I wasn't even sure it was working. I think it may be my internet speed (we have lite speed) so maybe next time I'll be able to do it.

We actually had a great Christmas this year. Sam took a whole week off and we just relaxed, read books, played games, and went for walks. It was so wonderful.

We usually open our presents on Christmas eve but decided to save it for Christmas Day so the kids would have lots of time to play with their gifts. I made a whole Christmas dinner including a really yummy pie. I realized that I love making pies! It was so fun.

Pre-oven. It's apple cranberry.

...and post oven. Ana absolutely loved this pie (she really loves any sort of dessert!)

We had a bit of snow over Christmas including on Christmas Day so that made it even more special and more exciting for the kids. Here's Ana watching a princess movie with her new princess barbies.


And Zachary and Daddy putting together his playmobile airplane. It took about 2 hours but he loved helping to build it.

And the finished product!



So now Ana is back at school and we're back into our routine. It was very hard for me to get out of vacation mode but I guess that's good because it meant I really relaxed!

More soon about how our weeks without Sam were. Thank goodness he's coming home soon!

4 comments:

  1. That pie looks delicious - it reminds me of the "Waitress" movie I just watched a couple of weeks ago :) Have you seen it?

    It looks like the kids had a really special Christmas. And I'm glad to hear Sam will be back home again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I saw your blog from Jamie's and starting reading it tonight, and saw that your daughter goes to Dunach!! We go there (and to SAC) too, anyways thought I would share, and that is ONE FANTASTIC LOOKING PIE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lorrie,
    Dunach is a great school. We love it there so far. What grades are your kids in?

    I'm sort of new to the blog thing and have no idea how to reply to comments but thought I'd give it a try anyway.

    Good to meet you.
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey :) They are in grades 1 and 3.
    I would send you an invite to my blog, but I don't know your email addy, so if you click on my name in my comment box, it'll take you to at least the one that says we're going private and you can do it that way??
    IF you want to that is!! lol
    Anyways, again, GREAT looking pie, I gotta quit licking my screen now, have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete