Friday, October 2, 2009

Yummy

Lately on my sister's blog she's had lots of photos of food. Her, mom and Rochelle have been getting together to make jam, lasagna, shepherd's pie among other things. It's made me very lonely for family and I would have loved to spend a Saturday with all of them, cooking.

But since that's not really possible I decided to take the leap on my own. I spent a Saturday afternoon making perogies or verenica (which I have no idea how to spell). It was a very peaceful time for me actually. I thought a lot about my grandma who passed away last year. She always made the best perogies and the best pie. I thought if mine could be half as good as hers I'd be laughing.

So I called my mom and got the recipee and got to work. Rolling, filling, cutting, boiling and the best part of all - frying (in A Lot of butter)

I also made a berry pie that was really runny but so very good!

Sam said they reminded him of the first time we were at my grandparents house for dinner. She served perogies and farmer sausage and mine looked just like hers! They were very good and so far our arteries seem to be doing just fine!




PS: I had so many issues with getting the pictures to do what I wanted. Any tips from anyone? That's probably the main reason I don't blog more often!

2 comments:

  1. wow Yummy they look so good. I wish you were here and could cook with me! I miss you all the time. But look at you go, you certianly don't need cooking instructions:)
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sister!

    So good to see the family looking so good! I miss you guys so much. It's been too long since the last time we saw each other.

    I love you, your perogies look awesome! Give the kids a hug and kiss for me. : )

    ReplyDelete