Tuesday, July 7, 2009

And we're back...

After a ten month hiatus. I didn't mean to not blog for a full ten months but time sure can slip away from you. I won't try to catch you up on everything that's happened in the past months but I can say that Ana's now finished grade 1 and Zac is gearing up for Kindergarten. Those seem to be the two biggest highlights of the past year.

We've just returned from a wonderful holiday to Manitoba - the second official Cousins camp at the farm.

It was so good to be at gramma and grampa Dick's farm along with Nathan and Lisa from Ontario and their three kids: Kezia, Simon, and Jersey and of course the locals, Thom, Tara, Seth and Malachi and Mary & Jeremy.

The kids had a blast together - crafting, slip n' sliding, quading in the mud, reading stories and generally getting into whatever sort of crazy business they could. The adults managed some relaxing time - I even read two books although I'm pretty sure Nath beat me by two.

Here's just a few photos of our time away.

Sam enjoying the mud.
Ana and Kez with Uncle Nathan just before they got stuck in a big mud pit.

Not your usual slip n' slide!

And all the cousins

We're back home now for the rest of the summer. I'm looking forward to my mom and dad coming out for a week in August and also to spending some relaxing days in the sun. Even though it was raining when we left and raining when we returned I've been assured that there were some bouts of sun during the weeks we were gone. Hopefully we'll get lots more.

And hopefully this isn't my last post for the year!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow!
    Heidi that trip looks awesome! I can't believe that slip and slide! I'm sure Ana and Zack had so much fun! It's so awesome to see all the family fun you guys are having. I would have loved to have been there.
    Awesome to hear from ya.

    Love you!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow nice to see the pictures, It sounds like you had so much fun.

    Hope you get some sun shine!

    I can't wait to talk to you and hear all the news first hand.

    Love You

    Mom

    ReplyDelete