Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hot


It is soooo HOT here. 36 degrees out 31 inside. Our humidex is 43 and man it reminds me of Ontario but everyone in Ontario has central air - Now I get why.

I've got the fans on full blast plus the bathroom fan on and the overhead stove fan (bc hydro suggests keeping these on to pull the hot air up and out of the house) but we're still cooking. The kids were groaning when I came downstairs to sit with them while they watched tv - but it's the coolest room in the house.

I really shouldn't complain - and mostly I'm not - we have rain for 10 months of the year so two months of intense heat is a nice break from that.

I've also discovered that I love going to the beach these days (well not today - much too hot). I've found a fun beach about 30 minutes from here called Hayward Lake. It has great sand and clean water and is nice and cool - very refreshing on these crazy hot days. I've been twice already in the past two weeks and will definitely go again. Sorry, but I don't have any pics of our lake outings. Each time I forgot the camera!

Sam is heading out of town next week for a few days of Action debrief in Fresno and then my parents come (yea - I'm so excited mom and dad). I'm sure we'll do lots of fun stuff. They haven't been here in the summer since before Ana was born.

Just a little update from our summer since Manitoba. I'll post some lake pics if I remember to bring my camera next time.



3 comments:

  1. It sounds so hot there! I love that you have an amazing beach to go relax and enjoy, Your so lucky!

    Well I love ya and I'm thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are counting down the days until we come. I cannot wait! I hope it is cooler when we get to BC

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. great to hear some new news!!! Have fun with your parents, Love you,Pam

    ReplyDelete