Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Ontario and back again

The kids and I just got back from Ontario. We had a great time visiting everyone, hanging out, eating good food and all the fun stuff that comes with family. It was a fun trip. Find some highlights below! 

Today Zach turns 8. His request for dinner was Butter Chicken and Naan bread. I think we can handle that!

I'm doing well. Getting some hair. It's all sticky-uppy now but doesn't look too bad. I still wear a hat out, mostly cause it's so cold on my head without one. 

Keep praying for us. Sleep is still a struggle for the kids (and then for us of course) we're working on it but it's not easy when everyone is extra tired. 

And on a happy note, I'm writing this to the sound of saws and banging cause our bathrooms are getting redone. The tile is going up today and I love it. I can't wait to have a bath in our new deep soaker tub (although we're having a mini fight about who will bet to use it first!). 

Forgive my picture taking abilities. It's almost embarrassing how dim and weird-coloured they are. I should really take a class. Especially since our good friends are fabulous photographers and offer classes fairly regularly!

On our way. The kids did homework on the flight to Ontario but didn't crack a book after that!


Yeah for snow!
Enjoyed a morning at the Marilyn Denis show. We all got a free pasta cooker! My mom is beside me, my sister in the green and my Aunt Pam on the far side! This is the best picture too - could it be the lighting?
The boys getting ready for the big game. My brother has pictures from the game but I don't have them yet so I couldn't share.
Great Wolf Lodge water park was so awesome.
Ana got a mani-pedi for her special treat (since Zac got to go to a Maple Leafs game)
The amazing cakes decorated by Auntie Rochelle.
We got together to celebrate Zach's birthday on Saturday. 
The cake decorator!
Me and Grandpa. Look - I'm getting hair! It's short but it's there.
Presents.

3 comments:

  1. The pictures are great! I'm looking at the people in them, not their colour. How come there are 2 cakes? Looks like a pretty special celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun time we had together, I am reliving the moments as I look at the pictures. Happy Birthday on the real day Zach!!
    Love you so much and miss you all a bunch
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made two cakes just so there was enough (there was more then enough) and cause we wanted a sports theme!

    Miss you to Mom. Hope your not too sad to be back at work.

    ReplyDelete