Sunday, March 27, 2011

Steadfast Love

How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light.
Psalm 36: 7-9

I've experienced the steadfast love of God this week through the many words, prayers, flowers and gifts that have been poured on our family. Thank you so much to everyone of you who have taken the time to lift us up to heaven's throne and bring our concerns to the feet of Jesus.

Tomorrow, finally, is surgery. I feel like I've been waiting months when in reality it is only 10.5 weeks since my first doctors appointment and only 3 since the results of my biopsy were known.

These weeks have been consumed with thoughts of cancer but thankfully with very little fear. We've talked with the kids in small bite size pieces that they can grasp about surgery, cancer and have asked them what they think that means for us. Interestingly enough they were most worried that I'd come home from the hospital tomorrow totally bald and I think they weren't sure what to think of that. It was reassuring for them to know that I'd still look the same tomorrow, (besides being tinged blue from the dye that will be injected during surgery!). Please continue to pray for Ana and Zach that they would be open about their fears and concerns but also that they would be protected from fears planted by the enemy. We claim peace, joy, life and hope for them today and every day, in the name of Jesus.

In a book I read this week called Anti-Cancer, the author talks about the benefit of meditation within cancer treatment. I immediately renamed this 'sitting at the feet of Jesus' and was so relieved that instead of just focusing on breathing in and out I would be able to focus on the one who gave me breath and the promises he has for me. He is our Jehovah-Raffa, he built us from the inside out. My life has always been in his hands.

5 comments:

  1. Heidi, I praise God for your courage and positive attitude and we are praying for you and your family, especially for tomorrow. I have been praying for your surgeon and for you for a good nights rest. You are in Gods capable hands, no better place to be. Love you so much, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wisdom and insight and words you have shared. You bring me from tears to fears to joy and trust in one post. I stand firm with you in knowing that God is in control, that His love for you and Sam and Ana and Zac is steadfast. I continue to pray peace and healing and success for you tomorrow and in the next weeks. We love Zac and Ana lots at this house and my kids and I are happy to have your kids over anytime for any reason! We are praying and believing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for you all day tomorrow..You will be in my thoughts. I am giving you a giant hug.
    Love You.
    -H

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying.
    praying for even more peace.
    praying for strength.
    praying for healing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...will be watching over your babies at school...

    ReplyDelete