Monday, April 11, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane...

We said goodbye to my mom this morning and were sure sad to see her go. Especially Zachary who couldn't sleep last night he was so upset. It was so great to have her here for these past two weeks. The company, the help, the love. All things we're going to miss. Here's a rundown of her visit.

2 Weeks
a house full of clean windows
1 clean fridge
multiple loads of laundry
18 ironed shirts (sheesh Sam...)
3 frozen lasagnas
8 pounds of pulled pork (frozen) (this is a conservative estimate!)
2 containers of chicken soup
Yummy paska in the freezer ready for Easter
too much baking to count
2 weeks of a tidy house
1 redecorated bedroom
shopping
coffee
babysitting
and 1 very wet 5 km run

I'm sure my Dad is happy to be picking up his wife in a few hours and I'm sure Mom will be glad to sleep in her own bed! Come back soon!

6 comments:

  1. And she even got a few days of sunshine over here on the wet westcoast! ... I like my paska with peanut butter over the icing, is that okay? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut butter on paska is so NOT okay! But to each his own :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great that your mom could come to be with you. What a blessing! But, what in the world is paska?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awh so Sweet Heidi...Mom is the best. I am sure she will appreciate all your loving appreciation. We miss you..I hope I will be able to come see you sometime soon.
    Thinking about ya.
    -H

    ReplyDelete
  5. cherylplett@gmail.comApril 12, 2011 at 1:12 PM

    I loved every minute just BEING with you all! Already anticipating the next time I come...this time with Grandpa along (Zachary's request)

    Love you a Bunch

    Mom:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved every minute of BEING with you all! I am already anticipating the next time we come to spend time with you. This time I will bring Grandpa (Zachary's request)

    Love you a Bunch

    Mom:)

    ReplyDelete